Saturday, April 27, 2019 – Sunday, April 28, 2019 | 12PM – 12PM
EXPERIMENTS IN SOUND AND MUSIC | presented by Basilica Hudson and Le Guess Who?
Bagpipes to no-wave composers…
Scentscapes to contemporary Indonesian gamelan…
A NYC noise figurehead to a forefather of ambient electronics…
24-HOUR DRONE 2018 spanned genres, continents and centuries in honor of one of the most ancient forms of ritual and communion. 2019 lineup and info coming soon.
Escape the tight hands of time in a long-form, endurance homage to sound. An all-encompassing, immersive event, 24-HOUR DRONE features musicians and sound artists experimenting with sustained tones, creating a full twenty-four hours of unbroken sound.
Droners are free to come and go over the twenty-four hours, but those who make the commitment to this long-duration work will be rewarded with the intangible feeling of meditative contentment, pure bliss, and communal collaboration.
Sound as Experience. Sound as Installation. Sound without the tight hands of Time. To honor sound in a space that enhances it and places it in a long-form time schedule that allows it to expand.
Explore. Experiment. Exchange.
NO WORDS, JUST SOUND. Central theme DRONE.
For music, sound, visual and other artists whose work is DRONE-based in some capacity.
Seeking artists/groups interested in taking part in our 24-hour endurance sound experience, including:
* Collaborations and experimentations, including first-times
* Amplified sound that reverberates in the space
* Sound and instrumentation that works best a capella or unmixed such as drums, loud amps, horns, choirs
* Installations of sound that take place throughout the space and are not “stage specific”
* Projects in which audience members can walk through sound or otherwise interact with it
* We encourage submissions from customized DRONE projects, but all work samples must be related to what you intend to perform.
* Due to the high volume of submissions, we are only able to consider fully realized projects. If your project isn’t yet fully realized, we encourage you to activate your future DRONE project and submit samples to next year’s event instead.
* Applicants should be able to perform late night, early morning, or any hour of the day.
* This is a submission form for the fifth annual 24-HOUR DRONE at Basilica Hudson in Hudson, NY the weekend of April 27 – 28, 2019.
* We are not accepting submissions for international DRONE programs. More information on international DRONE programs coming soon.
Support 24-HOUR DRONE
24-HOUR DRONE: EXPERIMENTS IN SOUND and MUSIC will be back in 2019, and to keep ticket prices low and accessible for all, we are seeking support from people like you!
24-HOUR DRONE is our season-opener each Spring. DRONER DONORS will help support 24 acts and roughly 100+ individual artists who participate in this immersive, communal endurance event. Your support helps us keep ticket prices low and accessible.
Consider making a donation to support 24-HOUR DRONE
Photos by Eric Harvey Brown and Julia Drummond